Holland America Line, MS Zuiderdam
Holland America ms Zuiderdam (pronounced, ZI-der-dam), named for the south position of the compass, pointing the direction cruising will take in the future. She began her inaugural season in 2002 and is the first of a new class of cruise ships aptly called the Vista Series - forward-looking in both design and spirit.
Enjoy a spectacular art and antique collection.
At the heart of Zuiderdam, suspended in a three-story atrium, is a Waterford Crystal Seahorse. Other notable pieces include a painting of Queen Beatrix by pop culture artist and icon, Andy Warhol, medallions by Frank Lloyd Wright, and a massive floral painting by Charles Ben.
Everywhere you look, discover more that matters in a cruise ship.
There are more staterooms with verandahs for private sunning, dining and relaxing. More dining choices including the Lido Restaurant, now transformed to a culinary courtyard. More ways to pamper and relax in The Greenhouse Spa and Salon, largest and most luxurious in our fleet. More lounges and nightclubs to entertain you. And more dazzling surprises: two elevators are glass, on the outside of the ship with hundred-mile views. A sensational cruising choice.
Pursue new interests or relax and rejuvenate.
- Explore the wonders of our world through exclusive BBC Earth natural history content through onboard activities, concerts and films.
- Enjoy onboard cooking shows and hands-on workshops in partnership with America’s Test Kitchen Learn how to edit, display and share your vacation videos and photographs through our Digital Workshop powered by Windows®.
- The Greenhouse Spa & Salon offers spa treatments, a thermal pool and lounge and a variety of salon services.
- Our fully equipped Fitness Center includes state-of-the-art cardio and weight machines, as well as classes in Yoga, Pilates, indoor cycling and more.
- On deck enjoy two outdoor pools, along with basketball and volleyball courts.
Enjoy dazzling entertainment options from their very first night on board.
As part of the updates coming November 2017, two new music venues will be added: Lincoln Center Stage, featuring world-class musicians performing chamber music, and Billboard Onboard, rocking the house with 50 years of chart-topping hits. These venues will join the already popular B.B. King’s Blues Club, which brings the best of Memphis blues to sea, and completes our new “Music Walk” experience.
Club HAL® provides a wide variety of youth and teen-friendly activities for kids ages 3 to 17, supervised by qualified, full-time staff.