Preparing for a Mediterranean Cruise
Tips and Guides, Mediterranean,
No two Mediterranean cruises are ever identical, but there are some common tips that you should know as you prepare for your holiday of a lifetime.
We’ve put together a short list of things you should consider before you set off.
Looking after Yourself
For many people, the main reason to choose a Mediterranean cruise will be the weather. Glorious sun-filled, hot days and fragrant, balmy nights – everything we get so little of at home.
Make sure that you get to fully enjoy the sun by taking the precautions that will protect you from over-exposure.
- When you set out on a shore excursion take hats, sun cream and bottled water.
- Choose indoor, air-conditioned attractions over outdoor ones when you can.
- Alternate between hard-core sightseeing and relaxing at cafes or on the beach (watching the world go by from a charming piazza or seashore promenade is a great way to experience the local vibe).
We offer a wide range of Mediterranean cruises that will give you the opportunity to have your fill of historical culture and absorb the atmosphere over a meal or a drink in a lovely setting.
Book a passage on one of the ships in Oceania’s Mediterranean Collection for a cultural feast encompassing highlights in Lisbon, Barcelona, Rome and beyond.
You can’t beat the Norwegian Star for an all-inclusive Venetian and Greek island hopping experience with Norwegian Cruise Lines.
Whether you’re a seasoned cruise traveler or you’re embarking on your first experience, the best advice we can offer is to research your ship’s itinerary thoroughly in advance and plan your shore excursions with military precision.
As many experienced travelers know, when your ship drops anchor the clock starts to tick. With careful planning, you can squeeze the most out of every minute you have on shore.
- Sort out your land transport by checking public transport timetables, stops , and routes. Alternatively, pre-book shuttle taxis to the attractions you want to see.
- A good way to eliminate the pressure of logistics is to book a guided tour.
- For museums and monuments ,you can often pre-book entry tickets so that you avoid wasting time in the queues.
Our Mediterranean cruises call at destinations that will spoil you for choice. At almost every stopover you’ll have the option to visit cultural attractions of historical importance, relax on stunning beaches or take in an off-the-beaten-path excursion.
If you want to know more about how to get the most out of cruising the Med and how to choose a trip that ticks off all your boxes, please get in touch with one of our specialists. Our friendly team has years of experience and will help you tailor a holiday cruise that will fulfil your dreams.